Just lookit that face!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Satan

So, I’m starting a series, I think.

On Satan.

I have studied this guy for years. He’s very wily. But ultimately, he’s doomed. It’s my belief that one should know his or her enemy. He is truly the only enemy humans have, including those humans who do not believe in such a creature.

I will use the Bible as my main resource, but I will also interject other sources that I come across. I will try to make sure they are reliable sources as this is not about fear-mongering or bashing anyone except Satan himself.

If you are easily intimidated by such things or you are scared out of your mind about dark and evil things, I encourage you to think long and hard about participating in this study. I even encourage you to pray long and hard about participating in this study. Pray to God, Jesus AND the Holy Spirit, because you will need the support. This subject should not be taken lightly in any way. Satan is nothing to mess around with, especially out of ignorance or curiosity.

This study is not out of curiosity. It is what I do. It is what I am called by God to do. It is what Jesus leads me to do and the Holy Spirit empowers me to do it. My dad, a pastor for many years, says that “[E]veryone who is not saved is a practicing satanist… They fear you and who is in you.” This is true. However, I want to add to this thought that it is one thing to unknowingly be blinded by his deceptions (i.e. complete denial of all things spiritual, or denial of God or evil) and another to worship the devil himself and acknowledge it. It’s this latter point that I will be researching.

I will interview satanists that I come across and include portions of the interviews here. All names and identifying information will be changed or omitted in the interest of confidentiality.

Please read Romans 12 in your favorite translation (I will mostly use The Message translation here as it’s easy to read and understand). I encourage you to check out http://www.bible.com/ and read this passage in several translations just to get a “rounder” understanding of this Word. Romans 12, summed up, states that we should love. Period. It does not matter how many people a serial rapist has assaulted. He should still be loved. It doesn’t matter how rude a Facebook friend has been or will be towards you. He or she should still be loved. It doesn’t matter how hateful your supervisor is to you and your co-workers. He or she should still be loved. No one can come to Christ through our witness if we are hateful back. This is Romans 12. This is my attitude in general. And this is my attitude about this subject and towards those who are knowingly "in league with the devil."

***
Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody. Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it."
Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness. Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=romans+12&version1=65).
***

I hope you enjoy this study/series as it develops. Feel free to comment! Just be respectful!

No comments:

Post a Comment