Just lookit that face!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Tornadoes

I have experienced many things in my life. Never have I been evacuated for any of those experiences.

I had arranged to meet an out-of-town friend at a local mall. It was an easy place to find, fairly centrally located and a great place to chat since neither of us drink coffee. We are to meet early evening for an hour and just catch up. Little did we know that I was leading him towards a tornado, according to the loud sirens that can be heard throughout my town.

I repeatedly called him and texted him telling him to do what he needed to do to be safe. I would have felt very badly if he were to be swept away whilst trying to find the mall in the middle of a giant storm. So, my friend was on the interstate, four miles away and stuck in 5pm traffic whilst I was stuck in a teensy closet beside Macy's with a hundred other people.

Freak out mode had begun. If you know me, you know that I'm fairly calm much of the time. I was desperately hoping that being in this closet would not last for very long. Mostly because it's a tiny space and I like my space to be not tiny. Also, I have a wild imagination and I kept envisioning shards of glass pelting people as they tried to reach the doors just before they were closed on everyone as a large, dark and ominous funnel cloud enveloped the stubborn people standing just outside the door.

Thirty minutes later, we were released. No funnel cloud. No shards of glass. No story to tell. Except this boring one that you are forced to read because I have nothing else interesting to share.

:-/ lol

No comments:

Post a Comment